Was one of your New Year’s resolutions to keep your house cleaner? Keeping up with New Year’s resolutions can be really difficult, we all start out with great intentions but it can be hard to maintain your resolutions.
Most of us have busy lives with work, hobbies, children to look after, and family commitments so cleaning is often further down the priority list than we would like. Having a clean home though does make you feel better both physically and mentally.
Below are our top tips to help you keep your New Year’s resolution to keep your home clean.
1) Setup a cleaning schedule and try and schedule at least one small job for each day. Break things down into manageable chunks, that was it is much less overwhelming and you will see progress. Find a schedule that works for you! Giving the worksurface in the kitchen a quick clean while the kettle boils, or even doing some dusting in the advert breaks when you are watching the TV all add up over time.
2) Some people prefer to clean a room at a time, for others it’s easier to clean all the light fittings, then do the dusting etc. Decide what works for you.
3) Put things away as you finish using them. When we are in a rush it often seems easier to put something down and think, I will sort that later. Most of the time the “later” pile just seems to get larger. Keeping things organised will make cleaning jobs easier.
4) Let’s face it, a lot of us find cleaning quite boring! Putting some energising music on while you clean, will lighten your mood and make the whole process much more enjoyable.
5) Force yourself to tidy up before bed, don’t leave things until the next morning.
6) Set yourself up for success, little tasks done often make a big difference.
You don’t have to do it all! It can be hard to stick to the goals you have set and that’s where we can help! Whether you need help regularly with just a few jobs or you need someone to take care of your cleaning for you, just give us a call. Booking a house cleaning service in Nottingham couldn’t be simpler, we offer regular or one-off cleans and can even arrange upholstery, rug and carpet cleaning.